inx Medical is committed to doing its part in producing safe medical devices. That is why in addition to producing medical devices such as the Nexus Ligator System, we are now helping to produce face shields for healthcare workers.
Meeting The Needs Of The Medical Community During COVID-19
During the COVID-19 outbreak our team saw the shortage of essential personal protective equipment and knew that inx Medical was in a unique position to help, thanks to its manufacturing capabilities.
The inx Medical Face Shield can be used by health care personnel (HCP) as personal protective equipment (PPE) for medical purposes. The shields meet the following criteria:
- Intended for single user & single-use
- Full face length
- Have been treated to be anti-fog / anti-static
- Cover the sides and front of the face, chin, and forehead
- Foam brow is contoured to fit all face sizes
- Held in place by elastic / rubber bands
- Does not contain any materials that will cause flammability
Body contact materials include:
- Polyester woven elastic or polyisoprene non-latex rubber band
- R30 Urethane foam
The shields are compliant with ANSI/ISEA Z87.1 – 2010. Their manufacture has been approved by the FDA under an Emergency Use Authorization per Section 564(b)(1)(C) of the Federal Food, Drug & Cosmetic Act Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) until terminated. The FDA has not approved or cleared this face shield.